Sunday, April 19, 2009

Friday, April 17, 2009

FOOD:
-breakfast: 3/4 cup of yogurt with 1 cup of berries, 1 scoop of protein powder and other powders

-snack: 1/2 cup of yogurt with 1 cup of mixed berries

-lunch:salad spinach with 1/2 tomato, 1/4 cup of strawberries, 1/4 of a red pepper,green onions and 5 slices of cuke with oil and vinegar dressing (1tbsp of each), also had an orange and an apple

-snack of apple had at lunch did errands after work

-dinner: salmon steak, with salad same as lunch and 4 raw broccoli

-ended up going out after the hockey game and was hungry, had the Citrus Chicken salad which was basically a tossed salad, left out the noodles, had about 3 oz of chicken and had the lime dressing put on the side, used a lot less this way

EXERCISE:
-this was my day off, good thing because I could really feel my arms today after the workout and swim, they are sore!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello LMac!

    I read your post on my blog. Thank you very much. I write a lot on my blog but it is to think it out and hopefully encourage myself somehow. I love to write anyways!

    I am excited to connect with someone in this challenge. I appreciate you commenting on my blog. I hope all of us can connect with even one other person to get some support and put an element of fun to this.

    Questions for you...do you get bored with your meals? If you are on the Detox eating plan, how are you finding it? I want to do the detox eating plan but we had so much food to eat up first and my roommate did not want to have to eat it all up herself...so, I could not commit to the detox plan right away. AND I did not want to make too many changes and sabotage myself by taking on too much at once.

    I am going to try to sign up to follow you. Thanks again for dropping me a line of encouragement!

    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry haven't responded sooner, but as you can see I'm behind on my blog, never time to do it all. I'm doing most of the detox, sometimes I like to throw in a homemade bran muffin because I enjoy them for breakfast, but for the most part I'm sticking to it. I'm surprised because I do love pasta, rice bread etc., but strangely enough I haven't been craving them. I do love my salads and try to make them exciting with different things in them nuts, feta, chicken, salmon, assortment of veggies and I even like to throw in fruit grapes, strawberries and mangoe sometimes. I do have to admit that when I watch my family eat Chicken Fettucine that it is much harder and I do sneak a mouthful to satisfy that need. I'm sure Rylan would say bad idea, but I'm only human and it seems to be enough to have a small bite. If you're getting bored maybe check out the meals people have posted some sound good. For you it would work out great, for me simple is faster otherwise I'm always making two different meals, one for me and one for my family which I'm not to keen on.

    How goes the workouts? I seem to find that it's not just a 30 min workout for me if I want to try and work all the areas, but hopefully the results will show. Have you seen a lot of change in yourself. Others tell me they can see it, but I don't see as much as they do , I do feel better though. How have you been feeling? How is the smoking situation going too?

    LMac

    ReplyDelete